Last day to spend in Bangkok, we decided to just do our last minute shopping the whole day. We started off late around 10 as we had already planned out earlier the day before as we thought that we might not need a lot of time for shopping but just lazing free, grab whatever we see and want. First shop we went was “Big C”. It’s a well known shop for Bangkok where it has a lot of branches everywhere in the city; we went to the largest one. It can be describe as the “Giant” or “Carrefour” version of Malaysia.
About an hour and half, we headed to MPK mall again as there were things that we weren’t able to get the first time we came. I think we spend the longest in this mall, about three to four hours! Don’t ponder your mind about whatever I’m doing for those three hours! You can never imagine and understand :P
Then we went to PRATUNAM. It’s one of the largest market streets in Bangkok. We didn’t spend much time at this place as it was hot and too pack of people. So we just browse through the market about an hour or so or maybe less.
Lastly we went to TESCO. I always love Tesco! The best supermarket ever, to me lah ah hehe.. They sell everything macam Giant but wider range of selections. And it’s cheaper and affordable. We mainly buy the fruits in Tesco; do you know that the fruits are overly way too cheap in Bangkok then in Brunei? Very! I bought myself few boxes of cherries which only cost a dollar plus (Brunei) about two hundred baths if I’m not mistaken, imagine in Brunei a box cost seven dollars at least!
Done with our shopping, we headed back to our hotel before 5 as to avoid the inevitable the worst ever traffic jam!
Our last night in Bangkok, we had dinner in one of the Arabian Muslim restaurant nearby. It was delish! Then we decided to walk at the streets nearby our hotel where markets and stalls were set up every night. And I finally get to see the baby elephant up close as it was passing by, though I nearly jump as it held up its trunk. Cute, but I was scared not because of myself but because of the food I was holding. We had takeaway Kebab for our snacks, no way I’m going to give in to the elephant :P
I had the most scrumptious Kebab that night before going off to Dream land :) I feel a bit saddened that we’re going back to Brunei the next day though I miss home. I just have to keep faith that I’m coming back again next time to finish up the travel and living *sigh*
*DAY 5*
Waking up, mixed feeling swim through this head of mind. Leaving Bangkok and going home. Sad but happy! Nothing much to do, had breakfast, finished up with our packing, check out then straight to the airport.
We were very thankful at Wei for his guide and all. He was very nice and polite till the end; he even gave us his number for future services. We were delighted with his offer and tell him that one day we will call him up, if ever! :)
As hours pass by, I was already at the gate waiting to board the plane then itu ini finally landed safely in Brunei near to the evening.
All in all, I have to say my holiday trip to Bangkok as one of the most exciting, joyous and knowledgeable journey for me. And I can definitely picture myself coming back again :) Anyone care to join me? *grin*


No comments:
Post a Comment