I guess we can never learn enough about life. You’ve found out a lot of things along the way, even twenty years ahead I have a feeling that there’s still much to learn and still much that I don’t know. A father of a close friend of mine had passed away this morning(al-fatihah, semoga dicucuri rahmat, amin!)..what I saw this morning has causes flashback of when I had lost my beloved grandfather. He was more than just a grandfather; he was more like a father, a best friend and a mentor. I’ve always missed him. Without you nini boy, I wldn’t have become the way I am now. Thinking back of the days when he was gone, that was 6 years ago, though it seems like yesterday, the last time when I held his hand, stay close beside him in the ambulance, walking back and forth handling the funeral and the last goodbye when I kissed his cheek. I remembered how hard it was for me to held back my tears during the funeral until the last time I saw his peaceful face, kiss him, walk away, I finally broke down! I still remember the person who was holding me far behind saying that he’ll be fine; he’ll be reunited with my beloved grandma, and so on just to reconcile me. I don’t even know who that person was but I was thankful at least there was someone to hold you or otherwise….. *sigh*
The point is that was how I felt when my grandfather was gone, I regretted a lot of things that I haven’t get to do with him. I was devastated! And then seeing my friend who has lost her father, near to the festive season, I’d be worst! All day, I prayed…
"Ya Allah, Kau panjangkan umur kedua ibu bapaku, dan berikan lah kesempatan kepadaku untuk membalas segala jasa dan pengorbanan yang telah mereka berikan ke atas diriku. Sesungguhnya Ya Allah, yang maha besar, berikan lah hambamu ini kekuatan dan tingkatkan lah kesabaran ku untuk menempuhi segala nya.”
Abah, the time when you held me when I was a kid, toting me around while you work, chewing my food for me when I was sick to can’t even eat on my own, all the sacrifices and things that you have done for me….Thank You! And I love you! Sorry for all the wrongness I’ve done and for all the worriless I’ve caused (If I were to be gone first, at least you’d know)
Even so, what I’ve learnt more today from a friend too, I’ve always let my fear get in my way of having someone to be part of my life as I was scared that I might chose the wrong person.And I’ve always thought that there will be a lot things that I might not be able to do. But what I’ve seen and hear again today had affected me in some ways that make me think strongly of what I should do. As I’ve always said Life is too short! I would rather take the risk then not knowing what’s going to happen if I take it. One of my dreams was to have someone who I could rely on and go through thick and thin in life and to have beautiful children’s’, but I’ve realized so far that I will not get what I want until I’ve dared to open up to people and give chances to myself. I will only be content if I were to let people who really care about me into my life. Once and for all! I will! :) Thank you my friend (you know who you are)
And to you my friend, my advice again as always, “ Jangan anggap sebuah perkahwinan itu suatu yang membebankan. Anggaplah ia sebagai sebuah kebahagiaan yang akan kamu kecapi sekiranya kamu benar-benar ikhlas. You will know. There will be someone who will take care of and love you indefinitely as you will be the only person that she relies on and you will too. Benda yang di dunia tidak akan kekal lama, tetapi sebuah ikatan yang suci dan murni akan ada sampai bila-bila dunia dan akhirat. Asal jagan terlambat.Kamu boleh mencapai impian kamu bersama-sama dengan yang disayangi, lebih baik berdua dari berseorangan, trust me! :) Yes, kamu pasrah and redha akan apa yang terjadi, tetapi Tuhan yang maha esa membagi ketani pilihan dan deria tubuh badan untuk kita lebih memikirkan, insaf dan bersyukur dengan apa yang telah diberikan. Sekiranya kamu anggap sesuatu itu baik dan berdoa ianya sentiasa baik maka insyaallah tuhan akan makbulkan.” :)
In life, if you think you can get what you want, you can as long as you have strong willingness! But, to remember, always….always…..always be thankful of what you have. What you think is good for you might not be a good thing for you after all and vice versa…Hence, May all of us makes the right choice in life, nevertheless if you fail once, stand up, fail twice, stand up, fail and fail, stay strong as sooner or later you’ll reach where you’ll suppose to be! Amin!
The point is that was how I felt when my grandfather was gone, I regretted a lot of things that I haven’t get to do with him. I was devastated! And then seeing my friend who has lost her father, near to the festive season, I’d be worst! All day, I prayed…
"Ya Allah, Kau panjangkan umur kedua ibu bapaku, dan berikan lah kesempatan kepadaku untuk membalas segala jasa dan pengorbanan yang telah mereka berikan ke atas diriku. Sesungguhnya Ya Allah, yang maha besar, berikan lah hambamu ini kekuatan dan tingkatkan lah kesabaran ku untuk menempuhi segala nya.”
Abah, the time when you held me when I was a kid, toting me around while you work, chewing my food for me when I was sick to can’t even eat on my own, all the sacrifices and things that you have done for me….Thank You! And I love you! Sorry for all the wrongness I’ve done and for all the worriless I’ve caused (If I were to be gone first, at least you’d know)
Even so, what I’ve learnt more today from a friend too, I’ve always let my fear get in my way of having someone to be part of my life as I was scared that I might chose the wrong person.And I’ve always thought that there will be a lot things that I might not be able to do. But what I’ve seen and hear again today had affected me in some ways that make me think strongly of what I should do. As I’ve always said Life is too short! I would rather take the risk then not knowing what’s going to happen if I take it. One of my dreams was to have someone who I could rely on and go through thick and thin in life and to have beautiful children’s’, but I’ve realized so far that I will not get what I want until I’ve dared to open up to people and give chances to myself. I will only be content if I were to let people who really care about me into my life. Once and for all! I will! :) Thank you my friend (you know who you are)
And to you my friend, my advice again as always, “ Jangan anggap sebuah perkahwinan itu suatu yang membebankan. Anggaplah ia sebagai sebuah kebahagiaan yang akan kamu kecapi sekiranya kamu benar-benar ikhlas. You will know. There will be someone who will take care of and love you indefinitely as you will be the only person that she relies on and you will too. Benda yang di dunia tidak akan kekal lama, tetapi sebuah ikatan yang suci dan murni akan ada sampai bila-bila dunia dan akhirat. Asal jagan terlambat.Kamu boleh mencapai impian kamu bersama-sama dengan yang disayangi, lebih baik berdua dari berseorangan, trust me! :) Yes, kamu pasrah and redha akan apa yang terjadi, tetapi Tuhan yang maha esa membagi ketani pilihan dan deria tubuh badan untuk kita lebih memikirkan, insaf dan bersyukur dengan apa yang telah diberikan. Sekiranya kamu anggap sesuatu itu baik dan berdoa ianya sentiasa baik maka insyaallah tuhan akan makbulkan.” :)
In life, if you think you can get what you want, you can as long as you have strong willingness! But, to remember, always….always…..always be thankful of what you have. What you think is good for you might not be a good thing for you after all and vice versa…Hence, May all of us makes the right choice in life, nevertheless if you fail once, stand up, fail twice, stand up, fail and fail, stay strong as sooner or later you’ll reach where you’ll suppose to be! Amin!
10 comments:
i really enjoyed reading ur post..I gave u A..I think it would be enough for for the moment..btw, please create a chatbox so that we can have a chat chat there..i know who u a reffering too..hehe..well2x..
My dear friend, I can see that there is more to this than what I saw yesterday. You were so affected by what happened. I saw it in your eyes and tears.
It is not death that is scawy. I understand what you mean now. -To have your loved ones go first, IF they go first, (before they see their children marry happily, have kids and family and stuff), the fact that whether we are ready for it?, I could not imagine how to live without them.~
Thank You dang anak.. Thanks for just being understanding.. :)
why does it look like everything you said make sense...i hate it if other people are ALWAYs right..(kinda)...
firstly, send my condolence to our dearest friend...im sorry that i couldn't be there for her (literally)...May Allah blessed his soul..
secondly, to you my friend, yeah, open up to other...as much as u want others to get married, i, myself, would want no less for you to tie the 'knot' too... :)
then, there wont be any more of those 'majlis mesyuarat negara' session for you, no more steamboat, no more of those mouthwatering desserts... what do u think about that?? :P
My dearest zero, what makes you think that I wouldn't have the "majlis mesyuarat negara", steamboat and those mouthwatering deserts if I ever tied the so called "knot". Are you kidding me! It's food! You can never separate yourself from things called food! :P Though, my friend, A "knot" is not to separate or to let go but to fasten the tie so you become more stronger! :)
So if I ever tied the "knot", I'll have more of the "majlis mesyuarat negara" with extra people in it, and more steamboats and more mouthwatering deserts! The difference is I have someone else to share it with and you'll have extra friends! :P hehe
I itch to write something to ur comment lah Zero. Berdebate negara tah ku di sini ni.
To me, marriages is not something that will limit urself to certain expected things saja. Life is not gonna end -like what most (not all) guys would like to think. It should make d couple closer because they got married for d right reasons and their relationship is build on a strong foundation...and this my intan payung Zero includes going out n have steamboat n many more lol...:D
N to u babe..apa ni, bukannay 'IF'. It's 'WHEN' u DO tie d knot, Mr Zero will have more guy friend to befriend. Hehe.(Mcm orang kawin saja bunyinya).
Hahaha...looks like my comment sparked a wild fire..wahaha...i’m quite surprise…how flattering ;)
However, even though you bragged it out as if it was THAT simple...i just can't get myself to agree with you both... :P
I made my point based on my opinion…which of course, is based on my observations (note the ‘s’ )…if what you said are true, howcome our ‘majlis mesyuarat Negara’ consist of ONLY single individuals?? Yes, we haven’t invite or try to invite our other MARRIED colleagues, but, honestly, did we even bother? WHY didn’t we even bother? That my dear friends, is for you all to think about….
I’m not saying that by getting married, one WON’T enjoy the things that he/she usually had, it’s just that he/she most probably…… COULDN’T!!
He/she’ll be too busy attending his/her partner (not to mention those infinite household chores) that instead of spending leisure times with friends which he/she usually do, he/she would rather stay at home and enjoy a good night rest.
I, myself, find it hard to keep in touch with my old buddies(who got married), let alone spend the weekend with them. To achieve that, I could sadly say, almost impossible :(
Another good example is one of our colleague who got married recently (go figure! Aha)..usually he moves around ‘freely’, but nowadays, he goes home from work early, rarely hang out with friends, rarely involved in co-curricular activities and many more.
For me, I’ll tie the knot as soon as I feel ready..and when I said ready, I mean to let go all those things that I DID and DID NOT mentioned here….. and when I do, I hope you guys found yourself a new member for the ‘majlis mesyuarat negara’ or better still, you guys get married before I do..ahahhahah..nytes..until that time, i'll just enjoy my life like i always do and keep my lips zipped..
P/S : my ideas are pouring out like ‘ultimate chocolate’..maybe because of that jasmine tea I just had earlier..ahahha :)
OMG!! I cannot believe that this 'marriage' topic is such a hit among us! haha...why do i have a feeling that this debate is gonna be a neverending story!
First of all, let me get this straight, whatever opinions or whatsoever in here, I was referring to myself my dear friends not as a whole. And I was only emphasizing on the meaning of marriage here :)
My dear, dear friends, obviously each of us definitely has different ideas on this, but what I really think is all this depends on the individual itself. As an example for you zero, you have already decided to leave your friends even before you get married! What does that shows really? You’re much influenced by the others which are basically among your circle of friends; sorry my dear but you have not seen the world yet! :P
Here is my view; answer to your first question, how come our ‘mesyuarat majlis negara’ only consists of single individuals? I’m sure you know the answer to that, it just happens! It happens that the people that we hang out with are single individuals. Though mind you, some of you guys are already attached but still have the time to go out together, married or not married is not the real issue here. Even if we’re not married if we were too busy and too hefty to manage our time, we very well wouldn’t be able to hang out with whoever we pleases.
To your second statement of couldn’t enjoy the things that he/she used to had or having leisure time with friends…have you ever wonder the reason why they really couldn’t? Is it really the reason that you can think of is busy attending their partners and infinite household chores! You’ve gotta be kidding. This is the 1900, oh correction the 2020 millennium! This all comes back to what I said before it all depends on the individuals itself. What’s wrong with enjoying the time with your friends together with your partner as well, and if you want to be out with just your friend, compromise, she can too? I’m sure there will be time, not no time at all. At least…
As for you having a hard time in keeping in touch with your old friends…why really? Coz, from my experiences, NOT observations, my circle of friends are mostly married…and some of them I’ve been keeping in touch and be friends, going out shopping, having a drink and so on still for the past 15 years. Hmmm… is it wrong for me to say then, it all points out to you in the end? And also from observation, I have seen my friends friends which eventually become my friends who just gotten married and also married still do hangout and sometimes with the partners as well. When there’s a will there’s a way!
Though I have to say, it will be a different case if you already have kids...
But still it’s not a reason for you not to keep in touch with your friends or hang out. It’ll be limited but it’s possible.
Aha, an example of some male teachers who is already married and has children’s who is actively involved in co-curricular activities even out of the country. And I do recall some did go out together for the festive season to my place, and do not forget; didn’t you all male teachers (includes married people) plan to have sungkai luar together2? How is that possible? :P
And lastly, for you to ask us to find a new ahli for the majlis mesyuarat Negara…how could you?!! We would actually love to get to know your wife! Hehehe :) Why minus when you can add? The choice is yours my friend!I'm not saying that you have to hang out everyday! I believe NOTHING is IMPOSSIBLE and IMPOSSIBLE is NOTHING!
P/S; I’m drinking green tea while doing this…I think we should keep stack of this for our mind boosting! :)
i knew it!!! you really are too optimistic and naive...but that's not a bad thing..really.. :)
thing is..as much as i want to make it happen as u mentioned, things have not and will not go the way i want it to be...
reading ur post, seems that u're one lucky person since you had never experience things that i endure..
its not that i could not keep in touch with my old pal...there were like 7 of us during those days, close,united,brotherhood-bond one might say (not surprisingly since we spent more than 9 yrs looking closely after each other's back),
its just that as soon as they got married, i could never do things and things such as rush down to their homes and kidnapped them whenever i please.. anymore...i couldnt hang out and sleep over anymore..masak megi tgh2 mlm buta.... *sigh
one particular memories that i clearly remember was when we usually sneaked out from smlhb at midnights and hang out at tungku beach..there, we voice out our arrogant plans to own our dream rides, build houses next to each others, bawa bini ikut lepak mlm minggu...and so on...
like u said, these things may looked silly for some, but it means a great deal for me...from the original 7, only 2 'sain mati' bali sport car..well at least some of us are trying to live those ambitious dreams....
back to the topic, so, i'll just wait for you guys to get married, then we'll see how it turns out..
as for me, iam really looking forward this raya as it give me the excuse to meet them after all this time .. :)
dmn...im getting too sentimental here.. i got to shut my mouth and get back being conservative and cool, double stats!! <- taken from house M.D..aha
and i really got to stop drinking those jasmine tea...ideas pouring out like there's no tomorrow..and to top it off, i haven't sleep for more than 31 hours now..seriously...i last woke up at 5pm on wed or was it on thur...*blurr
so, i'll stop posting here..if u want to discuss more, belanja me hazelnut caffe latte and kolomee,venue? up 2 u ;)
Reminiscing banar ia. Is this the same guy I know who owns thhaaat Nissan Z, (which by the way begs a test drive by moi), there is more to you beneath your cool friendly façade!?:)
Post a Comment