As I was reading my friends comment about friendship and how hard it is to keep in touch with each other after they have their own lives, it makes me ponder about the friendship I have been able to maintain for the past 29 years of my life. My life has been like a roller coaster where I never have been able to stay put in one place not until now. Thus, I am very thankful and yes, very lucky that I do still have high school friends of 10 to 15 years, all in different group of friends. And of course, most of them have leaded their own life as wife and mothers of children’s yet I am blessed that they still do have time for me every now and then!
So how does a friendship actually work, and how can it be sustain until death do us part? :) To me, it's not that easy to maintain a long term friendship let alone for a person like me who’s running a hectic life! Truthfully, I wouldn't be able to maintain my friendship as far as it has been now if it isn't because of my friends’ effort.
I used to be a person who always makes assumptions on my married friends that they wouldn’t or couldn’t hang out with me as I thought they were very busy with their new life. But surprisingly, they’re the ones that call me up and in fact demanded an explanation for not keeping in touch. For that reason, I have stopped making negative assumptions and make more effort in at least calling to say hello!
In the end, basically it all comes back to the mere effort of oneself… I for one am happy with all my friendships and I will not stop in making it work as long as I can breathe. I am too still open for new relationships and more friends and also hope that other old friendships will rekindle as well.
*True friends are those who will stand by you through thick and thin, through sad and good times where no matter how you are, where you are, married or not married they will always…always …. be by your side…. Even if it’s not entirely physically in existence, you’ll always be there in their mind and heart.
So how does a friendship actually work, and how can it be sustain until death do us part? :) To me, it's not that easy to maintain a long term friendship let alone for a person like me who’s running a hectic life! Truthfully, I wouldn't be able to maintain my friendship as far as it has been now if it isn't because of my friends’ effort.
I used to be a person who always makes assumptions on my married friends that they wouldn’t or couldn’t hang out with me as I thought they were very busy with their new life. But surprisingly, they’re the ones that call me up and in fact demanded an explanation for not keeping in touch. For that reason, I have stopped making negative assumptions and make more effort in at least calling to say hello!
In the end, basically it all comes back to the mere effort of oneself… I for one am happy with all my friendships and I will not stop in making it work as long as I can breathe. I am too still open for new relationships and more friends and also hope that other old friendships will rekindle as well.
*True friends are those who will stand by you through thick and thin, through sad and good times where no matter how you are, where you are, married or not married they will always…always …. be by your side…. Even if it’s not entirely physically in existence, you’ll always be there in their mind and heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment