Thursday, 18 September 2008

Two days of relaxation

Waking up for these past two days was the hardest thing for me as I know that I don’t have to go to work! It’s much harder than setting up a business…Just to get out of bed takes a million effort! I’ve stayed in bed till nearly midday reading up a Malay novel which I think is a bit skeptical in terms of a girl being so egotistical! Hmphhh…. I am not done with the reading, for this reason, I am not going to evaluate on it yet.

And so, yesterday, if it isn’t because of the call for the discussions I would have fulfilled my day serenely in bed finishing up my analysis on egoistical girl! *sigh* this is some of the sacrifices that I should have known to apprehend when I started doing what I do… *sigh*

Whilst driving, it hits me that I’m actually running my life in two different worlds. One world is my life with a stable job and another world is a life full of hectic and panicky moments that need my devoted attention most of the time. I marvel how did I ever juggle myself in this two world? Sometimes, it figures that I could never get into a serious relationship. With my hesitant life, will I ever have time for the one?

After ending the discussions or shall I say a brief meeting, I take in that I’m not actually doing all this alone as I have sometimes thought. Communication is the most essential thing in making all things work, that is what I’ve erudite so far from yesterday. Talking matters out in the open sometime is the best way to avoid misunderstanding. Don’t you think so? But ensure that what you’re suppose to convey is in the most truthful and precise way. Kadang-kadang sesuatu yang for us is “remeh – temeh” saja might be a very big thing to other people, so I state that we must be a bit sensitive and aware of other people’s feelings as well.

Another issue that astonishes me is how a person can be so mad at not being served things the way they’re suppose to be. Yesterday again, it was the first time having my sungkai buffet at Villa Mauri. I have to say that my first impression on this restaurant was not a very good one. Though, I’m the kind of person who always gives a first impression a second chance :) Isn’t that fair? The buffet was not you call like a normal buffet where you actually queue up to get the food on display. The kind that they have is more like an ala-carte where they actually send you the food that you’ve chosen from the buffet list that is being put on every table. In the list, you are given choices of 3 of each appetizers, pasta, pizzas, main courses and deserts. Mind you, this is an all-you-can eat buffet, so you can request for the food over and over again. Yes, they’ll send it to you over and over again but only in a small portion. Can you imagine what problems will this cause if they are packed and it’s the Ramadhan where everyone breaks their fast at the same time?

We had a buffet for two @ 12.90 per pax; we shared most of our food. We ate 3 slices of smoked fish (if I’m not mistaken) that is drizzle with lime and olive oil and meatballs as appetizers. Then we chose 3 different pastas which were served in one plate! 1 penne pasta, 1 spaghetti and 1 shell pasta; Small portion of each together in one plate. And a 1 whole medium pizza for two. We didn’t get to reach the main course as we were already full by drinking a lot whilst waiting for the food to arrive! That’s not just the problem, besides our table was a group of customers who was also waiting for their food still at the same time as we had already reach to the part where we’re suppose to have our main course! And ironically, they’re the one that had come in first before us :) The good thing about this restaurant is the owner itself or the head chef I reckon had personally came to us and apologize for the delay and inform us that he’ll arrange our food to come as soon as possible. I wouldn’t even have a hint of anger if somebody apologizes to me, unlike one of the customers where she actually stomped the table with both of her fist! Is that really necessary? Though, we do understand how she feels, but really…

This is where I think, we should have some humanity and empathy inside ourselves, as you don’t know how it feels to actually manage a full house restaurant! True, I was once one of the customers that loves to complain every time things doesn’t go my way…but as we become aware and expose to our surroundings, eventually we will try to understand and be sensitive on others by putting ourselves in their shoes, surprisingly we’ll be shocked and amazed of why and how things happen the way it is. What do you say?

On the other hand, Villa Mauri had an excellent chef and the best thing that we had in there that evening had been his friendly gesture and of course the deserts! Of all the food that was served, the ending with ice-cream and tiramisu had definitely made up our disappointments! In other words, deserts were yummy!

And as of today, apart from visiting my grandparents grave and a brief night out, I had never had the most relaxing and peaceful day since I don’t remember when. No phone calls except for 1 which I didn’t even bother to pick up yet :) sorry! No messages, no ding dong bells, no long outings! Just lazing myself by staying home! :) I totally agree on “there’s no place like HOME”! *grin* Still, I can’t seem to get my reading done …. *yawn* Will I ever?!! :)

No comments: